About this project
Show list of needs
Excursion to La Granja ATC
Excursion to La Granja Ability Training Center with all the students.
Costs for the exhibition space in the post-production stage.
13 wooden boards for machining the pieces of each of the seats (students and rewards)
Screws, nails, paints, various finishes, craft material... in order to individually customize each of the seats.
Round trip train ticket for the excursion to La Granja ATC.
Van rental to be able to move all the pieces from the school to the exhibition space.
Production and distribution costs for the campaign and bank commissions.
Transport to the school for the people in charge of the workshops.
Audiovisuals, documentary video
Material, production and post-production of all audiovisual content to make a documentary video of the project and the work in process. This cost is additional, as it will be assumed anyways, we understand that it is not essential for the development of the project itself with the students.
|Total||€ 2.509||€ 4.869|
Sec i Soc is PEDP's first project. It is the pilot test and the final degree project of one of the founders, Martina.
PEDP brings the discipline of product design closer to high school students and all those who are in a stage of change and decision-making, to discover another possibility in their training path.
It does so from a global perspective in which it works directly on emotional education and the creative process by creating a link between these two realities.
Sec i soc is this first project and is carried out with students from Josep Comas i Solà High School, located in Trinitat Vella, Barcelona.
For these students, the project deals directly with emotional skills like teamwork and cooperation as well as self-knowledge . These, once acquired, will be moved to the workshop and used to develop a product, which in this case will be a seat .
The seat will be designed by the whole class, putting into practice the first part of the emotional skills, and customized by each one of the students individually so they can represent themselves in that product.
- "This is who I am, and I'm part of this group. We all have the same structure, but we're different."
Main features and goals of the crowdfunding campaign
- Approach and discover the artistic discipline of product design to high school students.
- Connect Emotional Education and product design through an educational project.
- Create a social and creative network in the neighborhood working directly with nearby spaces and entities.
- Approach environmental values to teenagers through the process of creation and production.
emotional stage - ideation/creation stage - production stage - post-production stage
Why this is important
With the desire of both founders to focus product design in another direction, we have created PEDP and developed this first project Sec i Soc .
That's why we decided to merge two of our great passions: design and children . This is how we created Product Design Educational Projects (PEDP).
Although the PEDP project is aimed at children, young people, students... who are in training, the project for which we are here is Sec i Soc .
This one is specifically aimed at 14-17 year old students from Josep Comas i Solà High School.
As we already said, Sec i Soc is PEDP’s first project as well as Martina's final degree project.
Despite being the first time we connect these two disciplines, we have both worked and developed part of our professional career in both fields.
As designers, we have produced in project format for different clients during the school year and also on a professional scale during our internship or at work.
In the education / leisure field, with children and young people, we have both acted as monitors, coaches and educators.
The membres of the team are Maria and Martina . Two girls aged 22 and 23 respectively, who are also the founders of the project.
However, all this would not have been possible without the support of the entire staff and team of teachers of Josep Comas i Solà High School. And, of course, the 63 students who will participate in the project.
Each phase of the project takes place mainly in the classrooms of the high school, however, in each one we complement learning with the support of other entities.
- During the first emotional stage we have a training session in the facilities of La Granja where we will acquire the emotional skills necessary to carry out the project.
- During the second stage of ideation we have the support of the Ateneu de Fabricació de Ciutat Meridiana , which will accompany us during the first phase of materialization.
- During the third stage of production we have the help of TMDC . It will provide us with the space and machinery to carry out the machining and production of all the necessary parts.
- Finally, during the fourth and last post-production stage we will have the support of the Civic Center of the neighborhood and, if all goes well, some other entity to be able to create an exhibition .